1. We believe that the sixty-six books of the Bible are the inspired and inerrant Word of God. It is the final authority for all we believe and how we are to live.
2. We believe the one true God exists eternally in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that these, being one God, are equal in deity, power, and glory. We believe that God not only created the world but also upholds, sustains, and lovingly governs and guides all that exists. We believe He will bring all things to their proper consummation in Christ Jesus to the glory of His name.
3. We believe that Satan, originally a great and good angel, rebelled against God, taking a multitude of angels with him. He was cast out of God’s presence and is at work with his demonic hosts to establish his counter-kingdom of darkness and evil on the earth. Satan was judged and defeated at the cross of Christ and will, at the end of the age, be cast forever into the lake of fire which has been prepared for him and his angels.
4. We believe that Adam was originally created in the image of God, righteous and without sin. In consequence of his disobedience, and the subsequent ratification of his sin by all humankind, we believe every human being is by choice and by nature separated from God, justly condemned for their sin.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, that He was conceived and born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and offered himself as a substitutionary sacrifice for sinners. By the blood
of His cross Jesus obtained for us eternal redemption, the forgiveness of sins, and life everlasting. He was raised bodily on the third day and ascended to the right hand of the Father, there to make intercession
for the saints.
6. We believe that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. We believe repentance from sin is a fitting and necessary response to God’s goodness and loving kindness. God’s saving grace and humankind’s response to God’s grace through the power of the Holy Spirit sanctifies us and enables us to do what is pleasing in God’s sight in order that we might be conformed to the image of Christ.
7. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ baptizes believers in the Holy Spirit, in whom also we are sealed for the day of redemption. The Holy Spirit regenerates, indwells, and graciously equips the Christian for godly living and service. Subsequent to conversion the Spirit desires to fill, empower, and anoint believers for ministry and witness. We also believe that signs and wonders, as well as all the gifts of the Spirit described in the New Testament, are operative today and are designed to testify to the presence of God’s kingdom, and to empower and edify the church to fulfill its calling and mission.
8. We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are two ordinances of the church to be observed until the time of Christ’s return. They are not a means of salvation but are channels of God’s sanctifying grace and blessing to the faithful in Christ Jesus.
9. We believe that the church is God’s primary instrument through which He is fulfilling His redemptive purposes in the earth. To equip the saints for the work of ministry, God has given the church apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. We also affirm the priesthood of all believers and the importance of every Christian being joined with and actively involved in a local community of the saints. We believe that women, no less than men, are called and gifted to proclaim the gospel and do the works of the kingdom.
10. We believe that God has called the church to preach the gospel to all nations, and especially to remember the poor and to minister to their needs through sacrificial giving and practical service. This ministry is an expression of the heart of the Lord Jesus Christ and is an essential part of the kingdom of God.
11. We believe in the literal second coming of Christ at the end of the age when He will return to the earth personally and visibly to consummate His kingdom. We also believe in and are praying for a great end-time harvest of souls and the emergence of a victorious church that will experience an unprecedented unity, purity, and power in the Holy Spirit.
12. We believe that when the Christian dies he/she passes immediately into the blessed presence of Christ, there to enjoy conscious fellowship with the Savior until the day of the resurrection and glorious transformation of the body. The saved will then forever dwell in blissful fellowship with their great Triune God. We also believe that when the unbeliever dies he/she is consigned to hell, there to await the Day of Judgment when he/she shall be punished with eternal separation from the presence of God.